Saturday, March 30, 2013

Taranis VS Daredevil Part 2



Recently I was inspired to try the dual-prop Taranis again. With the Retribution armor changes and the new ancillary armor reppers it is now possible to fit a SAAR and a NOS on the Taranis.

This is the fit:

[Taranis, SAAR navy core DP]
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Experimental 1MN Afterburner I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

Small 'Knave' Energy Drain
Light Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Small Ancillary Current Router I


I kicked off the roam from EC-P8R. There was a brief dance with a Talos on the gate but he deagressed and jumped after his drones were dispatched. Boo!

Working my through Pureblind and Tribute reveal no viable fights (fuck Cynabals). Reaching the entry system of M-OEEB I find another Taranis. Quick fight and he drops. The tracking disruptor was a pain.

Looping through lowsec over to P3EN-E, I spy a Stiletto, Thrasher and Daredevil camping a bubble on the outgate. Warping and jumping through and they all follow. I crash the gate to try and split them...but they all aggressed. Lol, ok then.
I burn off 200KM, make a pounce and wait. They jump back in and the DD starts burning out. I burn in slightly to make sure his mates can't warp to me. Then I align away, heat the guns, scram and AB and wait. DD comes into range and battle commences. Short sharp fight and the Daredevil pops with 5 minutes until downtime. I bookmarh the wreck, warp off, rep and come back in...and land right on the Stiletto and Thrasher. I pull range, kill the Stiletto, start burning away from the Thrasher and the server goes down.

Fuck Me...I have the shakes real bad. Seriously, what other game delivers this kind of adrenaline kick?


Shiny!

And no, I didn't get to loot :(

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic roam, always a thrill taking on the great white of frigate dps and leaving with a trophy.

    ReplyDelete